Sunday, February 25, 2007

Home

Very soon it's been more than a week since I arrived home.
It has been really great to travel around, meet new people, and visit old friends before going home.
It is also so good without saying to enjoy the warmth from the family and keep them company.
But there are also moments when things are so familiar and strange at the same time for me.
First it's now so hot for me in Taiwan after staying in Romania for a long time.
When I arrived in Bangkok it was crazy that I was still wearing the coat and boots with fur inside when it was 35 degree there.
But because I know it's always so hot in Bangkok, the hot weather didn't surprise me and also because of the hot I realized that I was really in Bangkok and I miss this city.
However, when I went back in Taiwan, it was not much cooler with the temperature of about 26~27 degree, and I felt it was warmer than the summer in Cluj sometimes.
These days it has been cooler with about 18~20 degree but it's still too hot for me as the winter.
Second it's just too crowded especially during the Chinese New Year there were people everywhere.
It took us five and half hours to drive back to Taichung because of the traffic jam. (usually it only takes about two hours)
Actually I just feel stressed since I came back home and I don't know if it's somehow related with all these tall buildings, heavy traffic, and dense population.
But it was interesting that there were also some changes in me that I didn't realize until some other people told me.
For example when I met with the international MCs in Bangkok, the three of them all think I have the Romanian accent when I speak English and they were surprised that I was in Romania for only nine months.
I believe there are more changes in me that people will discover and then tell me :)

Although it's been great to come home, at this moment I have to say that somehow I still feel like losing my way in a dense fog and have no idea where the exit is.
There have been too many feelings, emotions, and memories since the day I left Cluj.
At some moments I felt that I miss Cluj so much that I think I have to try my best to go back as often as possible.
There were also moments that I was no more so determined and thought that maybe it was better to just keep those beautiful memories in mind and then move on to start my new life here or in another corner of the world and don't look back so often.
I also realized that I actually missed Bangkok very much when I was finally there, and all the past memories just came back to me like tides.
Sometimes I think I'll get bored if I stay in the same city in Taipei for the rest of my life, but sometimes I feel I need to be surrounded by close friends and can't work alone in a strange country.
"Listen to your inner voice and follow your heart," people say, but what should I do when there are so many voices inside me that I can't find the way my heart really wants to go?
Anyway hopefully soon I'll overcome the reverse culture shock and think clear what I really want in my life for myself, and then just go for it without hesitancy and regret.

2 comments:

Dora said...

Hello Michelle!
It's been nice to hear again parts of your story, way of life in your country!
Be strong dear and wait until making a decision! I am sure you will take the best one for you!
Life is short, live it to the fullest!
Kisses from Cluj!

Michelle Chen said...

Thank you dear Dora.
It's also good to hear from you and I want to congratulate you for being elected as the VPFN and the chair of Finest.
May you work together with other people to create a better future for @ Cluj and @ Romania.
Keep walking!