Thursday, October 26, 2006

movie: take the lead


This is a true story, and it's like the ballroom dancing version of the French movie "Les Choristes."
I wanted to watch this movie because the leading actor Antonio Banderas is really handsome, and also because I think tango is the sexiest dance in the world.
Like a girl said in the movie "It's like sex on hardwood. I would kill to dance like that."
Check out this clip from the movie below and then you'll understand what I mean.

Really seductive, isn't it?
Besides the hot tango, there're still some other interesting elements in this film.
For me the most creative one is that it successfully combines hip hop and ballroom dancing together in both music and dance.
I personally like both types of dance although they're totally different, but I never think to combine them together and therefore surprised to discover it's actually not that weird.
From its official website you can also create your own dance and mix music, which is really cool.
You can visit it http://www.taketheleadmovie.com/ to find out more interesting stuffs.
Enjoy the music and the dance.

No comments: